How do I go about using a cell phone in Vietnam?
Here a some suggested guidelines for the mobifone
- Unlock your cell phone before your departure
- Download Viber app on your phone and ask your significant others to do the same. You can communicate via Viber for free wherever there is WIFI, this will save you a lot of money!
- If both you and your family are on facebook, you can make free call via messenger also.
- When you arrive in Vietnam, we usually ask a sale person to come to the hotel and sell you the tourist sims cards and cheap Vietnam phone (if you want one)
- The sims card will give you a Vietnam mobile phone number, unlimited data for 30 days, 30 min of international call for 250,000 VND
- Remove your US sims card and insert your Vietnam sims card in your phone
- Whenever you use your VN mobile phone number to talk, the money or minutes on your account will go down, when it reaches the minimal level, you won’t be able to make call at all.
- You can check to see how much money you have left in your account, by dial *101#
- A message will appear on your screen to let you know how much money you have left and the date your sims will expire
If your phone ran out of money, you can top up your phone by buying a so called “scratch card” which has actual “minutes” on it
Dial *100* the top up number in the back #, the phone will now be reloaded or top up with the amount of money you pay for the “scratch card”
THAT’S IT, now you can use the cell phone service in Vietnam if you want to!
More information can be found on the following link:
Important phone numbers
- Le Duy Grand Hotel: 028 3930 3089
- Emergency Rescue 112
- Police 113
- Fire 114
- Ambulance 115
- Support for children 1800 1567
- Information directory in English (in Saigon): 028 1080
Dr Nguyet Ho